Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Belly is Heavy...

Two posts withing one week? Could it be? Yes. Unfortunately, I have nothing particularly interesting to say. My belly is heavy, my pelvis is hurty, and I need a productive way to procrastinate!

Yesterday was a particularly productive day, actually. I did some cleaning, talked to family, turned a not so great pumpkin custard from the weekend into a delicious pumpkin cake, made spaghetti (with 4 batches of reserved sauce to go in the freezer for later!), and, of course, spent some time with Daniel. I also did some looking around for patterns for baby clothes and toys. Before anyone mentions that it would be cheaper and easier to just buy toys and clothes, please understand that I don't care. I like to make things, so why not make things that will make my baby happy and/or cute?!

Today was not quite as productive...It seems I only have the energy for one truly productive day in a row. I did manage to fit in an online Chinese/English exchange though, so now I can tell time in Chinese like a pro...well, a very slow pro...

I feel like I should be doing something productive right now, but I'm really at a loss as to what. Daniel is not home from work until 8:00 tonight, so I won't start making supper for another 30 minutes or so. In the meantime, I thought I might borrow some inspiration from a wonderful blog called http://mycountrycupboard.blogspot.com/. Here, we have a random overview of today in the life of Sarah:




For today, Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Outside my window
...it's dark. I suppose I waited a little too late to write this. Also, there is a very loud dog barking. He never stops. I have to wonder where the barking comes from, as we are on a campus that doesn't allow pets. Just another one of life's great mysteries, I suppose. Unless I'm really paying attention though, it's just background noise now. Kind of like the children who live here who make screaming, banshee, "someone is killing me" noises instead of pleasant, happy child noises. They too have become background noise, thank God! It's also beginning to get quite chilly out. This is to be expected, as it is mid-November. What I wouldn't have expected is the fact that we are still waiting for them to turn our heat on. The pregnant lady is cold...

I am thankful for... So many things (as much as it may seem like I complain lately!). I am thankful that we will get to meet our baby daughter very soon (only six weeks to go!); I am thankful for a wonderful husband who takes care of me, loves me as much as I love him, and is absolutely perfectly suited for me; I am thankful for the ability to throw random things together in a pot or pan an almost always turn out something that is somewhat yummy; I am thankful for family who love and care about us and take every opportunity to show it; I am happy for a productive way to procrastinate (yeah for blogspot!).

From the kitchen... today was a strawberry turnover. Mmmmm...Just an experiment with leftover pie crust, really. Later tonight comes more sushi for supper, pickles tomorrow (along with a big ol' batch of something I can freeze), and then many, many pizzas later this week! Mmmmm...food. Food makes the pregnant lady happy. I decided this week that it's a good thing that we're not in Canada - if we were, we would both be rather fat, I think. There are so many things I want to try to cook and the only thing that holds me back is the inability to quickly and easily acquire the ingredients. Oh well, my waistline and Daniel's will be very thankful, I think.

I am going... nowhere but the kitchen tonight. I am, however, making a nice trip to the Public Securtiy Bureau this Thursday which, time permitting, will be followed by a trip to the Doctor and a trip to market where I will buy cheese (for the first time since being here) and pepperoni for pizza!!

I am reading... What to Expect in the First Year as well as Mandarin Chinese for Dummies. I always though I was not a fan of the "dummies" series, but this one book has changed my mind.

I am hoping... that baby little will stop punching me in the bladder. Naw...it's ok...I've kind of grown to like it! Seriously, I am hoping to get enough food in the freezer so that I don't feel pressured to cook things from scratch when I first come home from the hospital. So far, I'm up to seven meals! I'm also hoping to get some artwork done for Lily's wall. I would like to paint and frame some jungle animals. It should only take a few hours, I just can't seem to get up the drive to do it.

I am creating... an art doll, if my bloody clay ever arrives! I really want to make a hand sculpted doll. I have ordered the materials and everything has arrived....except the clay. So far, she would just be a large clump of hair with wings.

Around the house... I got quite a bit done yesterday and I am proud. There is, however, always more to do! I would like to wash all of the baby clothes that we have already and make sure Lily's room is ready for her arrival. I would like to get some fabric and make curtains for the lovely shelving unit in our common area which holds all of our miscellaneous crap. Unfortunately, that is the ideal place for all of our junk, so I will just put curtains up to hide it from guests!

One of my favorite things... spending time with Daniel on a daily basis. Even if we only have the time and energy to sit and watch an episode of Babylon Five, at least we can cuddle together, feel baby kicking, and bask in eachother's love. Awwwww...

A few plans for the rest of the week
... As I said, more cooking, as per usual - I would like to get at least ten new meals in the freezer. Aside from everything else I've already mentioned, I have a language exchange tomorrow and I think Daniel and I might go for massages this weekend.

A picture thought I am sharing with you... Babies Kick Really Hard. For anyone who hasn't already been pregnant, just take it as a warning. For anyone who has been pregnant, think back (fondly?) on the pummelings you received. For any men who are reading, just imagine your kidney and your liver having a very rigorous wrestling match (using your bladder as a ring, of course) and then both trying to escape from the other through the wall of your abdomen. Yup...something like that...


Anywho, thank you all for indulging me as I procrastinate. Perhaps as I lose the will to move around on a regualar basis, you will hear from me more often!

I leave you with this...note the size of the bladder...well, and every other organ, really...

http://www.healthsquare.com/fgwh/wh1c2302.jpg

Now...off to make sushi!

No comments: